4.02.2010

Day Four of Thrity: My Favorite Book


I read Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife based on a recommendation from a friend. She loved it, and suggested it to me one day when I'd mentioned I was desperate for a new read. I instantly fell in love with it. I loved the way it was written, and I fell deeply in love with the characters. I think I read it the first time in one day. Or just over. I've since re-read it twice and seen the movie (which left much to be desired for me, as it seemed to do for a lot of people that love the book, but such is the translation between literature and film. Its much like a game of "telephone" from childhood.)

I have a few close runners up though:
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The entire Harry Potter Series (yes, I am admitting my epic dorkery on the internet)
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (I'm savoring this one, not quite done with it. Most likely will be disappointed by the movie set to star Julia Roberts)
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

I love to read. I just wish I had more time to read for pleasure. School really puts a damper on my "me time". *pout*

No comments:

Post a Comment