3.31.2010

Day Two of Thirty: My Favorite Movie


As a child of the 80's, is there really a WHOLE lot I need to say about this movie?
I loved the whole thing. Having a baby brother, I thought, "Shit, this kid is goin' to the Goblin King and I'm NOT gonna rescue his ass."

But, because I mostly BELIEVED that David Bowie was indeed the king of Goblins, I never tested it. Mainly because my mom would have killed me if I sent my kid brother to the Goblin King. But don't think I didn't consider it.

It still holds a very special place in my heart. I have it on dvd and video (even thought I don't OWN a VCR) because it was the original. Anyone I know who HASN'T seen it, gets subjected to watching it shortly after I meet them. And I love it Every. Single. Time.

I'm not a dog person, but I've always said if I owned a small dog (which I probably never will) I'd name him Sir Didymus. And then every person that recognized where his name was from would get a hug. Or a cookie. Or some shit.

I still get annoyed when people find out that "Labyrinth" is my favorite movie and they go "Oh Shit! Yes! The Pale Man was Sick!"

*head desk* That's PAN'S Labyrinth. While it is ALSO an awesome movie, it does not reach David Bowie wearing a codpiece levels. Sorry.

xo-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment