3.30.2010

I have a confession... or three

I read blogs.

Yeah yeah. I know. So does everyone and their little brother's dog.

But, lately, I've read blogs and wanted to be a PART of it. Of what? The Blogiverse, of course!

I've had a personal journal on Livejournal for approximately 12, 000 years. I've gone through ups and downs with it. Times where I wrote nearly every day, and others, where I peaced out on that shit and didn't look back for months.

The blogs I read are so inspiring. Not because that's what they are written for (honestly, no one's life is sunshine and butterflies all the effing time. That's just obnoxious), but because the women that write them (Ok ok, I admit, I'm a little sexist when I read blogs. I think I follow...two blogs written by men. And they just don't captivate me or make me want to check my google reader every 27 seconds like the female writers do.) are just freaking AWESOME.

As a second confession, i'm a lurker. I very rarely post a comment, mostly because I feel like the dorky girl in class. Who IS this weird new chick commenting on my blog?! As IF! Really, I'm actually 27 years old. Shocker, I know.

I want to make it my mission, as I embark on everything that I am embarking upon in the upcoming months, to be a better blogger/reader. I want to blog here, not just about the mundane bullshit that happens, but about really truly thoughtful things. The "profound brain things going on inside my head" (my boyfriend quotes Madagascar ENDLESSLY. Its a sickness, really)

So, today while I stalked, erm, read through some back posts in my Google reader, I came across this awesome idea from http://ohhlaceyy.blogspot.com/: A list of stuff to do on my blog, for me to not only blog more, but for those who run across this little slice of heaven to know a little more about me.

The List:

30 days

Day 1: My favorite song

Day 2: My favorite movie

Day 3: My favorite television program

Day 4: My favorite book

Day 5: My favorite quote

Day 6: My biggest pet peeve

Day 7: A photo that makes me happy

Day 8: A photo that makes me angry or sad

Day 9: A photo I took

Day 10: A photo of me taken over ten years ago

Day 11: A photo of me taken recently

Day 12: Whatever tickles my fancy

Day 13: A fictional book

Day 14: A non-fictional book

Day 15: A fanatic

Day 16: A song that makes me cry

Day 17: An art piece

Day 18: Whatever tickles my fancy

Day 19: A talent of mine

Day 20: A hobby of mine

Day 21: A recipe

Day 22: A website

Day 23: A YouTube video

Day 24: Whatever tickles my fancy

Day 25: My day, in great detail

Day 26: My week, in great detail

Day 27: My month, in great detail

Day 28: My year, in great detail

Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days

Day 30: Whatever tickles my fancy


So I'm going to do my best to do these every day. I'm pretty stoked about it. And, as confession #3, I feel a little ridiculous as a baby blogger. I don't know shit about anything here, but I'll figure it out as I go. As I said yesterday:

"I'm going to love the shit out of life"


xo-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment