3.29.2010

Well...ow. Plus extras

Yesterday evening I managed to drop the very heavy plug end of my flat iron. Right. On. My. Foot.

It was fantastically awesome in that I saw colors and immediately wanted to cut my foot off. From a friggin PLUG? yes. The ow. It hurts.

Anyway, so I spent the day wondering if i'd cracked a tarsal (yay nursing school) or if I was really just being overly dramatic (it was the latter). I'm gestating an awesome bruise now though. woo.

In other, less painful news, I've realized that I should put up a little update of sorts as there isn't a whole lot of info about, well, me on here.

I'm originally from the burbs outside Chicago. I currently live in South Florida, though I spent the majority of my life traveling back and forth between the two due to there being a parent in each state.

I moved to Florida at 19, ready to take on the world. Got my esthetics license and started working in the corporate skin care world (I was a makeup artist for Clinique before I moved here).

After a string of poorly made relationship and life decisions I ended up engaged, only to cancel the wedding two months before it happened (more ow, lots of money....yeah.) While it was possibly one of the HARDEST things i've ever done in my life, I am 100% certain that I HAD to go through that relationship to make me understand really what I was doing to myself and how I was dealing with less than I deserved.

Lots of therapy later I spent about a year and a half alone. Well, not ALONE, I did plenty more stupid shit in that year and a half, but I also learned more about myself than I had in my previous 25 years.

I went away to a foreign country (Costa Rica) for two weeks last summer, and while it was lonely, and I got incredibly homesick, I am SO glad I did that for myself. I learned to say what I wanted, regardless of how it effected the lives of those around me (not that I'm unconcerned with others, I have just always put what others want before what I want).

I was finally at the point where I was happy being ME. I'd never been there before. But when I finally managed to enjoy my OWN company, of course life threw a wrench in my plan. A 6'3'', bald, blue eyed, beautiful tattooed wrench.

Here I am 6 months later looking forward instead of back. We live in different states. He's up in Maryland. We've racked up a good amount of frequent flyer miles thus far. But, we will never know what is possible with 1100 miles between us. Neither of us are very good at the whole long distance thing.

I've read about couples being together for years but always living across the country from one another, I just Cannot. Do. That. So i've decided to give up my life here in Florida, and move to Maryland. May 5th, I pick up my handsome boy from the airport and we will cram all my shit, and my two cats (who will be sedated so no one dies on the trip) into a Uhaul and start the drive to our home together.

It's starting to hit me that this is really happening. Its so exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. I decided I wouldn't live in the "what if's" anymore. I will only live in the here and nows. Whatever life throws at me, I will live it and learn from it. And Love. Beyond everything else, I will love with every ounce of who I am. I will love the shit out of life. Because one day, I won't be here anymore. And I never want to reflect back and say "I wish I would have done that" I just want to do it.

Life is an adventure. Put on your seat belts, kids. Its gonna be a fun one.

xo-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment