1.24.2010

Have you lost weight?

I decided that this deserved it's own post.

Mainly because i'm damn proud of myself.

So because i've been mostly living on the very very minimum that I can for the last few months, I've become a bit of a homebody. I haven't gone out with my friends in quite a while. But last night there was an event downtown, and I decided I needed to get my ass up and out. I mean, the cover was only $5, even I can afford that.

I met my friends at one of their condos, which was directly next door to the venue we were heading to.

When I walked in one of my very best friends in all the land looked at me and said "You've lost weight!" I smiled. I have. "Did you notice this shirt fits much differently than when I wore it for my birthday?" I asked him, "Uh huh" he said.

I'd bought a vest to wear out for my birthday party in August. The vest was a little snug, but I rocked it anyway. Last night, I realized that I should probably have it tailored. Its obvious that I've lost weight in my stomach and, unfortunately, my boobs.

But I can handle that. For the first time since I started back to the gym in October, I CAN TELL I'VE LOST WEIGHT AND SO CAN OTHER PEOPLE.

This is huge for me. Im doing it right. Sure, I could be a lot lighter now if I changed my eating habits or went to the gym daily. BUT I DONT WANT TO. I like going to the gym when I can, and I like eating what I want. I am just more aware of HOW MUCH im eating. And I get up 9 times out of 10 when i'd rather sit on the couch all day (today is an exception heh)

I feel good. I still need to lose more, but i'm happy with my progress. I wish I would have taken my measurements when I first started. Maybe I did. I'll have to scour my internet sites and see. :)

xo-
K

No comments:

Post a Comment